Auditions & Registration
YOCVA is now accepting recorded auditions to join Youth Symphony and Evans Orchestra for the 22/23 academic year.
Upload your recording by August 22, 2022
Our season begins on Monday, September 12, 2022.
Click HERE to register for an audition.
- Fill out the linked form to create an account.
- Then select “Audition (YS)” under classes in your JackRabbit portal.
- The audition portal for YS is now closed until March 2023. There are still spots available for the 22/23 season! Email email@example.com for details.
Junior Strings does not require an audition.
Click HERE to register for Junior Strings!
Audition Quick Facts
Every year YOCVA holds auditions for the upcoming academic year. See below important details about auditions for the upcoming 22/23 season.
- Registration and Audition Sign-Up will open on May 1st, 2022.
- Submit a video audition recording by August 22nd.
- Click HERE to view a comprehensive outline of the YOCVA audition policy and procedure.
- Junior Strings does not require an audition. Interested members can register to join starting May 1st.
- All other ensembles require an audition.
- Auditioning for Evans Orchestra.
- ALL returning members of Evans Orchestra DO NOT need to re-audition. Returning members can register for the 22/23 season starting May 1st.
- NEW members (strings, winds, brass, and percussion) interested in joining Evans Orchestra will need to audition.
- Auditioning for Youth Symphony
- ALL returning STRING players DO NOT need to an re-audition. Returning STRING members can register for the 22/23 season starting May 1st.
- Due to limited and competitive seating in our wind, brass, and percussion sections all WBP musicians must re-audition each season to participate.
- Auditioning for chamber ensembles.
- YOCVA offers a clarinet ensemble, flute ensemble, and string chamber music.
- New students will be admitted by audition at the director’s discretion. More information about our chamber music programs will be available in mid-July 2022.
Resources: Audition Tips and Tricks